Tryout Times, preliminary schedule, August 1st clinic
Our season is getting closer, so there is some more important information to share with you.
Tryouts will be held Monday, Aug 8, through Wednesday, Aug 10. Athletes should plan to attend all three days.
11th-12th graders* – 3:00-5:15pm
9th-10th graders – 5:45-8:00pm
*All returning varsity, returning JV, and athletes attending CSU camp should plan to attend this session regardless of grade. Other younger athletes may also be asked to attend the earlier session, as well.
Fall sports registration
Please make sure to complete the official fall sports registration by August 3! Athletes cannot participate in tryouts if this is not complete.
- There is a pre-tryout parent meeting scheduled for Tuesday, Aug 2, at 7:00pm in the theatre at CSH. Athletes are welcome but not required to attend.
- Regular practice times begin on Thursday, Aug 11. Remember, they’re swapped this season!
Fridays 3:00-5:00pm for all teams
- We will hold a post-tryout parent meeting (better named: the 2022 CSHVB Season Kickoff!) on Friday, Aug 12, at 5:30pm after our regularly scheduled practice for all teams from 3:00-5:00pm. Athletes required for this one!
- Chatfield’s Back to School Night is scheduled for Monday, August 15. We will not have practice on this day.
- Attached is our 2022 match schedule – I certainly hope this is helpful but it is subject to change, of course! A heads up that we have a home match scheduled for Saturday, August 20, against Fruita Monument . . . I don’t yet know if that will be varsity only or if all teams will be competing that day. (This changes our Varsity Team Day from Aug 20 to Aug 27!)
- Our 2022 End of Season banquet is scheduled for Thursday evening, November 17. It’s always helpful to announce that date as soon as possible so we can get as close to 100% attendance as we can for that great event.
Can’t wait to see everyone at preseason camp soon! Please let me know if you have any questions or if there is anything I can do to help.
Lastly, Wanted to pass on the opportunity below. Obviously this VB clinic conflicts with our first camp session on Monday, Aug 1, but wanted to pass along for our older athletes.
Arvada West Volleyball is hosting a clinic with 4 coaches from the RMAC on August 1st at Arvada West 9-11:30am. $80 Q&A at the end of the clinic with RMAC coaches; recruiting, etc. Parents welcome to join and ask questions.
We still have space available if any of your players are interested in getting some last minute touches & tips before tryouts and direct instruction from local college coaches.
Also a great way for your younger players to get some time in front of these coaches/programs if they are in the recruiting circuit. Coaches talk to coaches also so even if these are not the schools they are interested in, any time in front of a college coach is time well spent IMO.
No need to rsvp to me , kids can sign up via Google link and bring payment day of and feel free to share with others. We do have a capacity.
The document Chatfield_Volleyball_2022_Match_Schedule_rev_8.2.22.pdf was attached to this post.