Pre-Tryout Informational Parent Meeting
Posted by Chatfield Charger Volleyball on Aug 03 2022 at 08:33AM PDT
- Deadline = Monday, AUGUST 8th
- Please visit chatfieldhs.rschoolteams.com and follow all instructions. This process does require a doctor’s physical.
- If you need any help, contact Nikki Lucas, Chatfield’s Athletic Secretary: ( Nicole.Lucas@jeffco.k12.co.us . 303-982-3555)
- The Athletic Participation fee of $175 is added to the student’s account after tryouts are completed.
- Monday, August 8 – Wednesday, August 10
3:00pm – 5:15pm – 11th and 12th graders
5:45pm – 8:00pm – 9th and 10th graders
WHAT WILL TRYOUTS LOOK LIKE? They are formatted a lot like Open Gyms! Lots of skills, drills, mini-games, full games, playing, fun
and great attitudes!
HOW WILL MY ATHLETE KNOW IF SHE MADE THE TEAM ? Each athlete will have an individual conversation with Coach Schick at the
end of tryouts.
- As a program, we match all the time (at practice, at matches, traveling to/from, etc), so each player will need to purchase a player pack
- Cost is approx. $175-$200
- If any athlete needs help with this, our Booster Club has the ability to provide support here. Please reach out to Coach Schick with
- Player pack items include (3) practice t-shirts, a hoodie, shorts, a pair of spandex, a pair of white kneepads, and white socks…these are all
items that belong to the athletes for good
- Our program provides jerseys and backpacks, which get returned back to us at the end of the season
- “Usual” Practice Times (M-Th) = Level 3 / Level 4 = 3:00pm – 5:00pm, Varsity / JV = 5:00pm – 7:30 pm
- Fun Friday Practices = ALL 4 LEVELS Practice Together = 3:00 – 5:00pm
- “Usual” Match Times = Level 3 / Level 4 = 4:30pm, JV = 5:30pm, V = 6:30pm
- Study nights for L3 and L4 athletes
- Probably NO Buses; personal transportation options may be necessary
- ALL TEAMS are present for all games, both home and away
HOME MATCHES – Each team will have match duties to sign up for, to work one other team’s match. We’ll train them how to perform those
duties, they’re pretty easy!
- GPA 2.0 or higher required; no F’s.
- Academic ineligibility means that athletes cannot play in matches but can come to practice. If we have them, we handle these issues
individually and on a case-by-case basis, i.e. sometimes it makes sense for athletes to miss practice, too, in order to catch up on school
- We’re hoping for 100% attendance!
- Our parents are critical to our success as a program! Thank you in advance for your time and support.
- Committees to join:
○ Car Wash
○ Photo/Video – end of season “slideshow”
○ Stadium Seats
- Each team will need a Team Parent, to be determined next Friday at our Season Kick Off and Parent Meeting. Major roles include
communicating with all team members/parents and organizing the FOOD mission.
- We will run a Snap!Raise online fundraiser, as well as an all-program Car Wash (September 10), concession stand at home matches, and
sell stadium seats… More to come from the Booster Board soon!
There are no comments for this announcement.