News and Announcements
Jeffco Athletics has gone cashless!
Get Your Tickets Online! Convenient and easy! $5 / Ticket – Adult, Children 7+, and Seniors
(Children 6 and under are free)
Buy online using the QR code on the attached flyer, or use the App shown on the flyer.
The document JeffcoAthleticsTicketInfoFlyer23-24.pdf was attached to this post.
Practice begins on Thursday! Player pack payments are also due on Thursday – stay tuned for a finalized cost but expect around $150. Payments can be made with cash, check (made out to Charger Volleyball Booster Club), or Venmo (@Chargervolleyballboosterclub). Please let me know if the booster club funds could help here.
Also on Thursday, Darren Withey (Chatfield athletic director) will be hosting a virtual meeting for parents of all fall sports athletes at 6:00pm. Google Meet link!
Friday will be our first Fun Friday practice (3:45-5:45pm) and then our CSHVB Season Kickoff parent meeting at 6:00pm. Athlete attendance is required at this one!
Can’t wait for camp! If your athlete is attending, please send ’em early – at least 15 minutes!
Our tryout times have changed for Wednesday, August 9.
On Wednesday only, 11th and 12th graders will attend from 1:30-3:30pm, and 9th and 10th graders will attend from 4:00-6:00pm.
For Monday and Tuesday, August 7 and August 8, our tryout times will remain as planned: 11th and 12th graders will attend from 3:30-5:45pm, and 9th and 10th graders will attend from 6:15-8:30pm. (As always, athletes should arrive early to help with net set-up and to get shoes on, etc.)
Also, the CSHVB match schedule. has been revised. Of note is that the match against Denver South has changed from September 8 to September 26, the match against Valor Christian has changed from October 25 to October 24, and we’ve added our Level 3 tournament to Saturday, September 30. Still subject to change even more!
Please let me know if you have any questions.
1. The deadline for Fall Sports Registration is Thursday, August 3. This step (and the accompanying doctor’s physical) is required for participation in tryouts!
2. It’s not too late to sign up for our pre-tryout camp – next week, August 1 through August 3 – register here.
3. Reminder: we will have a pre-tryout parent meeting on Wednesday, August 2, at 7:00pm at Chatfield. Athletes are welcome but not required to attend. Dr. Withey, athletic director, has also scheduled a fall sports parent meeting – virtual! – for Thursday, August 10, at 6:00pm. I’ll send more details.
4. Tryout times!
Tryouts: Monday through Wednesday, August 7 – 9
11th-12th graders: 3:30-5:45pm
9th-10th graders: 6:15-8:30pm
Athletes should plan to attend all three days. We do make a first round of cuts at the end of Tuesday’s sessions. Athletes who have been invited to attend CSU team camp should plan to attend the earlier sessions.
5. For this season, the “player pack” cost will be around $150. The player pack includes three practice shirts, three pairs of socks, one pair of kneepads, and one team sweatshirt. This year, it will also include the $10 fee that gives access to team and individual photos – photographed by JK Photos this season! Player pack $$ is due on Thursday, August 10 – our first day of practice. Our booster board has available funds if any athlete would benefit from assistance with this piece.
As always, hit me with questions if you have them.
I hope everyone had a wonderful Fourth of July holiday! I have more information to share, including the first draft of our 2023 match schedule.
First, I have to comment on our month of open gyms. Huge thanks to all the athletes who attended – we had really impressive attendance this summer!
Also, I want to share lots of gratitude for the returning CSHVB athletes who helped with our youth camps last week. We had impressive attendance at those camps, too, and our “high school helpers” are the ones who really make it work. I truly can’t run those camps without them – thank you, thank you, thank you! (And don’t forget to log those hours as community service, helpers!)
Okay, info + links:
1. The fall sports registration window will open next Monday, July 10. This process – which includes completion of a doctor’s physical – is required for tryouts. We ask that this is completed by August 3. Athletes cannot participate in tryouts unless this is completed.
2. Our regular practice schedule for the coming season will be different from last year’s practice schedule, due to our changing bell schedule and new coaching staff. On Mondays through Thursdays, JV and Varsity will practice from 3:45-6:00pm; L3 and L4 will practice from 6:00-8:00pm. On Fridays, all four teams will practice from 3:45-5:45pm.
3. Please mark your calendars for our pre-tryout parent meeting on Wednesday, August 2, at 7:00pm at Chatfield. Location at the school is TBD.
4. Speaking of calendars, please see the attached 2023 CSHVB match schedule – which is subject to change, of course! In addition to those match dates, here are some other important dates to note:
August 1-3 – Chatfield Volleyball Camp! Please register here – all athletes who have been invited to CSU team camp are welcome to attend the older sessions.
August 5, Saturday – Chatfield Football is hosting a community-wide BBQ
August 7-9 – Chatfield Volleyball tryouts. Times TBD; expect afternoon and evening times. Athletes should plan to attend all three days of tryouts.
August 10, Thursday – first regular practice (from this date, regular practice times should be expected unless otherwise noted!)
August 11, Friday – CSHVB Season Kickoff parent meeting at 6:00pm, following Friday practice 3:45-5:45pm
August 14, Monday – Back to School Night, no practice
September 4, Monday – Labor Day, no school or practice
September 9, Saturday – Chatfield Volleyball CAR WASH! 9am-2pm – all hands on deck!
October 2, Monday – Chatfield Homecoming Fall Fest, practice times TBD
October 7, Saturday – Homecoming!
October 18, Wednesday – Parent/Teacher conferences, practice times TBD
October 19-20, Thursday-Friday – no school, no practice
October 25, Wednesday – end of regular season for JV, L3, and L4
November 4, Saturday – Regional Tournament (hopefully hosted at Chatfield!)
November 9-11 – State Tournament!
November 16, Thursday – End of Season banquet
Also, the attached match schedule lacks a tournament for our L3 team – that will likely be added to a Saturday in September or October.
Please forgive the length of this post. Sheesh! But more communication is better than less!
The document 2023_CSHVB_match_schedule.pdf was attached to this post.