News and Announcements
Hi CSHVB families,
As many of you may have already heard, Katie Kozlowski, one of our soon-to-be juniors, was in an accident last month in Minnesota. She was in the ICU, but recently was flown back here to Colorado to continue healing at Craig Hospital. Her wonderful family is always appreciative for as many prayer warriors as possible.
Katie’s mom, Jenny, is updating Katie’s progress on her CaringBridge site: https://www.caringbridge.org/visit/katiekozlowski
Katie also has a go fund me for medical expenses here: https://www.gofundme.com/f/katie-kozlowski?utm_campaign=p_cp+share-sheet&utm_medium=email&utm_source=customer
- Also a meal train for the Kozlowskis here: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0f49abaa2aab9-meals
Let’s all send lots of love and best wishes for healing.
For this fall season, Gold Crown will be offering two different leagues: A YOUTH COMPETITIVE LEAGUE (6th-8th Graders) and a YOUTH DEVELOPMENT LEAGUE (5th-8th Graders).
Please note that for any interested athletes, the “team placement” for the Chatfield Gold Crown competitive league will be held on Wednesday, Aug 31, from 6:15-8:00pm at Chatfield.
Please see the attached flyer for all the details regarding the gold crown program and reach out to Coach Schick with any questions!
The document Chatfield_Gold_Crown_Info_Fall_2022.pdf was attached to this post.
- Deadline = Monday, AUGUST 8th
- Please visit chatfieldhs.rschoolteams.com and follow all instructions. This process does require a doctor’s physical.
- If you need any help, contact Nikki Lucas, Chatfield’s Athletic Secretary: ( Nicole.Lucas@jeffco.k12.co.us . 303-982-3555)
- The Athletic Participation fee of $175 is added to the student’s account after tryouts are completed.
- Monday, August 8 – Wednesday, August 10
3:00pm – 5:15pm – 11th and 12th graders
5:45pm – 8:00pm – 9th and 10th graders
WHAT WILL TRYOUTS LOOK LIKE? They are formatted a lot like Open Gyms! Lots of skills, drills, mini-games, full games, playing, fun
and great attitudes!
HOW WILL MY ATHLETE KNOW IF SHE MADE THE TEAM ? Each athlete will have an individual conversation with Coach Schick at the
end of tryouts.
- As a program, we match all the time (at practice, at matches, traveling to/from, etc), so each player will need to purchase a player pack
- Cost is approx. $175-$200
- If any athlete needs help with this, our Booster Club has the ability to provide support here. Please reach out to Coach Schick with
- Player pack items include (3) practice t-shirts, a hoodie, shorts, a pair of spandex, a pair of white kneepads, and white socks…these are all
items that belong to the athletes for good
- Our program provides jerseys and backpacks, which get returned back to us at the end of the season
- “Usual” Practice Times (M-Th) = Level 3 / Level 4 = 3:00pm – 5:00pm, Varsity / JV = 5:00pm – 7:30 pm
- Fun Friday Practices = ALL 4 LEVELS Practice Together = 3:00 – 5:00pm
- “Usual” Match Times = Level 3 / Level 4 = 4:30pm, JV = 5:30pm, V = 6:30pm
- Study nights for L3 and L4 athletes
- Probably NO Buses; personal transportation options may be necessary
- ALL TEAMS are present for all games, both home and away
HOME MATCHES – Each team will have match duties to sign up for, to work one other team’s match. We’ll train them how to perform those
duties, they’re pretty easy!
- GPA 2.0 or higher required; no F’s.
- Academic ineligibility means that athletes cannot play in matches but can come to practice. If we have them, we handle these issues
individually and on a case-by-case basis, i.e. sometimes it makes sense for athletes to miss practice, too, in order to catch up on school
- We’re hoping for 100% attendance!
- Our parents are critical to our success as a program! Thank you in advance for your time and support.
- Committees to join:
○ Car Wash
○ Photo/Video – end of season “slideshow”
○ Stadium Seats
- Each team will need a Team Parent, to be determined next Friday at our Season Kick Off and Parent Meeting. Major roles include
communicating with all team members/parents and organizing the FOOD mission.
- We will run a Snap!Raise online fundraiser, as well as an all-program Car Wash (September 10), concession stand at home matches, and
sell stadium seats… More to come from the Booster Board soon!
Our season is getting closer, so there is some more important information to share with you.
Tryouts will be held Monday, Aug 8, through Wednesday, Aug 10. Athletes should plan to attend all three days.
11th-12th graders* – 3:00-5:15pm
9th-10th graders – 5:45-8:00pm
*All returning varsity, returning JV, and athletes attending CSU camp should plan to attend this session regardless of grade. Other younger athletes may also be asked to attend the earlier session, as well.
Fall sports registration
Please make sure to complete the official fall sports registration by August 3! Athletes cannot participate in tryouts if this is not complete.
- There is a pre-tryout parent meeting scheduled for Tuesday, Aug 2, at 7:00pm in the theatre at CSH. Athletes are welcome but not required to attend.
- Regular practice times begin on Thursday, Aug 11. Remember, they’re swapped this season!
Fridays 3:00-5:00pm for all teams
- We will hold a post-tryout parent meeting (better named: the 2022 CSHVB Season Kickoff!) on Friday, Aug 12, at 5:30pm after our regularly scheduled practice for all teams from 3:00-5:00pm. Athletes required for this one!
- Chatfield’s Back to School Night is scheduled for Monday, August 15. We will not have practice on this day.
- Attached is our 2022 match schedule – I certainly hope this is helpful but it is subject to change, of course! A heads up that we have a home match scheduled for Saturday, August 20, against Fruita Monument . . . I don’t yet know if that will be varsity only or if all teams will be competing that day. (This changes our Varsity Team Day from Aug 20 to Aug 27!)
- Our 2022 End of Season banquet is scheduled for Thursday evening, November 17. It’s always helpful to announce that date as soon as possible so we can get as close to 100% attendance as we can for that great event.
Can’t wait to see everyone at preseason camp soon! Please let me know if you have any questions or if there is anything I can do to help.
Lastly, Wanted to pass on the opportunity below. Obviously this VB clinic conflicts with our first camp session on Monday, Aug 1, but wanted to pass along for our older athletes.
Arvada West Volleyball is hosting a clinic with 4 coaches from the RMAC on August 1st at Arvada West 9-11:30am. $80 Q&A at the end of the clinic with RMAC coaches; recruiting, etc. Parents welcome to join and ask questions.
We still have space available if any of your players are interested in getting some last minute touches & tips before tryouts and direct instruction from local college coaches.
Also a great way for your younger players to get some time in front of these coaches/programs if they are in the recruiting circuit. Coaches talk to coaches also so even if these are not the schools they are interested in, any time in front of a college coach is time well spent IMO.
No need to rsvp to me , kids can sign up via Google link and bring payment day of and feel free to share with others. We do have a capacity.
The document Chatfield_Volleyball_2022_Match_Schedule_rev_8.2.22.pdf was attached to this post.
I hope everybody had a great Fourth of July weekend with friends and family! I have several pieces of information to share now that we’ve turned the calendar page to July. As always, please don’t hesitate to contact me with any questions.
- Truly hoping that everyone who was able to join us for open gyms had as much fun as I did! Now that June has ended, our open gyms have, too. Time for a break! Unless, of course, your athlete is participating in the strength and conditioning camps with Coach Rosholt. Still workin’!!
- The fall sports registration opens on July 13 – next Wednesday! Please do everything you can to have this step completed (including a doctor’s physical) before August 3. This MUST be completed in order for your athlete to participate in tryouts.
- We are very excited for our Chatfield Youth Volleyball camps running July 25 through 27. Any returning CSHVB athlete is welcome to join us as a high school helper – we NEED this help and the young athletes LOVE this! Please have your athlete contact me (720-226-5984) if she is planning on being a helper. Also, please help us spread the word about youth camps (first through eighth grade) AND about our Gold Crown program (fifth through eighth grade) if you know anyone who might be interested.
- Speaking of camps, don’t forget to register for our Chatfield Volleyball preseason camps! We’d love to see our interested athletes at camp:
9th-10th graders – 10:00am-12:30pm
11th-12th graders* – 1:30-4:00pm
*All returning JV, varsity athletes, and all athletes attending the CSU team camp should plan to attend the older camp sessions regardless of grade.
- Important CHANGE of plans for the coming fall season! We will be switching our practice times this season. For Mondays through Thursdays:
Level 3 and Level 4 teams – 3:00-5:00pm
JV and Varsity teams – 5:00-7:30pm
On Fridays, all four teams will still practice from 3:00-5:00pm.
- Another change for this season is that we will go with WHITE kneepads and WHITE socks in our player packs. (White shoes would be awesome but aren’t required, and they don’t have to be ALL white.)
As usual, that was a lot. Please hit me with questions if you have ’em!