News and Announcements
Hello Chatfield Volleyball families,
Please excuse this delayed information! Next up for our varsity team is the first round of playoffs: the Regional Tournament held this Saturday, November 5, at Chatfield. WOOHOO! This email has info and, of course, requests for your continued help and support!
For 5A, the top 36 teams make this first round of playoffs – our team has secured the #10 seed overall. Our Regional Tournament will be:
- Highlands Ranch
The winner of this three-team tournament will advance to the State Tournament. The schedule for the day will be:
3:30pm Highlands Ranch vs. Chatfield
5:00pm Highlands Ranch vs. Legacy
6:30pm Legacy vs. Chatfield
We would absolutely love to have our whole program in our gym for the entire tournament to support the varsity crew and help everything run smoothly! Let’s plan to have the girls wear their black practice shirts. This will guarantee our girls FREE ADMISSION. Admission otherwise will be $10 for adults and $7 for seniors and students. Unfortunately, Jeffco passes will not be accepted for this one.
I also have some specific volunteer requests for the athletes. So that we can run a 3-ball system for each match, I’d love to find 9 girls to help with this – 3 for each match. We also need a libero tracker for each match. Additionally, we would like a welcoming committee of sorts, consisting of 4 players total, who will be assigned to welcome each visiting team and show them around and get them squared away.
If your daughter is willing to fill one of these volunteer roles, please email me or have her text me!
With more thanks to Meg Jamtgaard and the concessions helpers, if you’re willing and able to provide some help at the concession stand this weekend, please visit the Concessions SignUp Genius page and help us out! We are looking for a few volunteers during the 5:00pm match as well as some volunteers to bring bags of ice and baked goods.
Please spread the word about our match times and help us pack the stands! Thanks to ALL and . . .
Hello CSHVB families,
I hope everybody is enjoying this great long weekend! It’s hard to believe our JV, L3, and L4 teams will be wrapping up their seasons next week. Time flew! Lots of info in this email . . .
1. Away match at Valor on Wednesday, 10.26. Heads up – our match times are slightly different than what I previously emailed. JV and L4 will play at 4:30pm. Varsity and L3 will play at 6:00pm. Please use this link to purchase a ticket for the varsity match if you plan on attending. Valor does not accept cash at the door. Team parents, will you please help with the carpool mission one more time this season? Let’s get everybody to Valor by 3:30pm. There will be a bus returning to CSH after the end of the Varsity match. (These match times also change when some teams eat their team meal . . .)
2. A couple of our booster board members have put together this helpful illustration of how our booster club money is used during the volleyball season. Please take a minute to check it out. Thanks, Meredith and Scotty!
3. Here’s the link to the JK Photography site where you can find the pics from the last home match! The photographers let me know that the parent and senior pics are now available in our gallery.
4. Please make sure to RSVP and pay for your attendance at our wonderful end of season banquet. Here’s the evite link again.
5. Lastly, for now, we’re looking for a willing parent volunteer to join and learn from Scotty Martin as our booster board treasurer. Since Scotty’s daughter is a senior this year, we’d like him to be able to transition out of the treasurer role before the next volleyball season! If you are willing and available for such a role, please let me know.
Thanks, all!! Hope to see you all in the stands at Valor on Wednesday. Go Chargers!
Hello CSHVB families,
Hope lots of fun was had by all the Homecoming attendees! I’ve got schedule updates and request for photos for our end-of-season slide show.
Photo request first: Please help Mary (mom to Lily James, JV) by adding LOTS of great photos to this link. Think action shots, teammate shots, candid shots, team bonding shots, Homecoming pics, anything!
Tomorrow, Monday, 10.17, we need to shorten our practice times for all levels. (We need to be out of the gym by 6:30pm so that gymnastics can move ALL their equipment from the small gym to the big gym for their home meet on Tuesday.)
L3/L4 – 3:00-4:30pm
JV/V – 4:30-6:30pm
Tuesday, 10.18 – away match at Arvada West! Team parents (and ALL parents!), I’m so grateful for your carpool help. Let’s work that magic again and get everybody up to Arvada West by 3:30pm on Tuesday. There will be a bus back to CSH after the varsity match.
Wednesday, 10.19 – Friday, 10.21 – CSHVB Fall break! No practice on any of these three days. Crazy timing, but we’ll make the best of it!
Monday, 10.24 – ALL teams practice together from 3:00-5:00pm. Our last fun family practice!
Tuesday, 10.25 – Regular practice times. Last day of practice for our lower levels!
Wednesday, 10.26 – away match at Valor. Let’s carpool once again to be there at 3:30pm. The times I have received are L4/L3/JV at 4:30pm and V at 6:00pm. I will confirm as this gets closer to make sure these are correct.
More info about our end of season banquet (Thursday, November 17!) coming soon.
Thanks, all! Go Chargers!
Hello CSHVB families,
Hope everyone is having a great weekend. A few things to highlight this week, especially a change in plan for practice on Monday.
Monday, 10.10.22, L3 and L4 will NOT have practice. JV and Varsity will practice from 3:00-5:00pm so that all athletes can attend the Fall Fest if they’d like.
At our home match on Thursday this week, while we’re all “thinking pink”, we’ll also celebrate and thank all the parents in the program. If possible, be a little early to your daughter’s match so you can be recognized. We’re so grateful for all of you!! Then we’ll celebrate our seniors, as well, at the beginning of the varsity match. ❤️
If you’re interested in ordering the “official” individual and team photos from DR Photo, please use this link: https://drphoto.onlinephotocart.com/. DR Photo’s instructions say to have the students type in their student ID number to access the photos.
The “action shots” that JK Photography has been taking at our recent home matches will also be available soon.
Hello CSHVB families,
First, a HUGE thank you for the car wash efforts yesterday! Chris Trojan, Brian Wilkes, and Scotty Martin – thank you so much for organizing yet another incredibly successful event! There are many other parents who deserve to be mentioned by name, but I would inevitably miss someone – to all the parents who helped, brought food, took care of us, and especially to the MANY who stayed all day: THANK YOU!!! Gratitude abounds.
For this week, our teams play at Broomfield tomorrow, 9.13.22, and at Evergreen on Thursday, 9.15.22. For both matches, let’s work the carpool mission again and try to arrive at 3:30pm. As usual, there will be a bus to bring athletes back to CSH after the varsity match.
Many thanks for ALL the support. Go Chargers!